Saturday, May 19, 2007









Celebrated a friend's belated birthday yesterday at one of the restaurants in the Asian Heritage Row, Jln Sultan Ismail.

We were supposed to go to this restaurant called Saray, but found out too late that the restaurant is either not located there or sudah tutup kedai(closed shop).

Proceeded to find another restaurant and finally decided to have dinner at Kristao. It served Malaysian Portuguese food. The minute I entered the restaurant and wowee... I hear a salsa song(talk about a good beginning of the evening ). Then, it hit me... I did read somewhere that there are salsa classes available here. No wonder they play salsa songs.

The food was so so as most of the dishes that my friends ordered are hot & spicy(me not a fan of these kind of food). But, the environment was good, with all the salsa songs and 1 merengue song being played and the chatting session.

Finally we ended our dinner session after 1 and a half hour in the restaurant and we move to Bukit Bintang for dessert, but of course, I went for my salsa fix instead of the dessert.

A quiet night at SH yesterday, with the non-existing air-condition and a few old school salsa songs(those songs that we practice to in classes lar) being played.

The most memorable sight is when I saw Guru Sam and Cikgu Aisha dancing to Ay Amor, Cuando Hablan Las Miradas(translated as love, when glances speaks). Such a lovely coincidence.

Oh yeah... Toya Masaru san is back in KL. Talk about addiction!! He came straight from the airport bringing his luggages along to SH for salsa.

Left the place early though as I'm not feeling that well to dance anymore after 2 dances . Anyway, I do wanna save the energy for tonight's stint in LH(fingers crossed).

No comments: