Monday, July 23, 2007

A Night of So Many Dances

Went for the KLDA Dinner and Dance last Saturday.

I never did noticed the venue when I stayed in Taman Muda Cheras 2 years ago. So, I was really surprised that KLDA is just across my old apartment.

The dance floor was nice and quite big with lots of seats still empty as we arrived at the door at 7pm.

Had crash courses on slow waltz, rumba, foxtrot and jive
courtesy of Hock Siew, Steven Yap(he got us into this D&D), Joseph and Calvin(I think...STML working overtime again) .

I practically need to remind myself the basic steps when dancing the slow waltz(a bit different from Viennese waltz woh): don't use the leg that you've used earlier. Must remember: right leg used already, don't use. Left leg used already, don't use.. Ish!!

Steven was so nice to ask Joseph(the DJ that night) to play a couple of salsa songs for us cause he knew that we(Brenda & I) are still beginners in the ballroom/latin dances and we're more used to doing salsa.

Dinner was just your normal snack food, ie meehoon goreng, nasi kunyit(yellow rice), fish curry, yam cake & other stuffs. Not that we're complaining cause its quite what we've expected due to the ticket is only RM25 for that particular night.

Watched a few performances: cha cha, samba, tango and waltz and I'm quite impressed with the younger couple(below 16 only leh). They did the cha cha & samba with such finesse and they can really move their body ohh!!

Did a rumba with Joseph and before we could finish, he gotta go and change the CD again . Ish!! So potong steam loh, but as he said, no choice lar, me went back to my seat to wait for another dance-able(one that I know how to dance to lar) song.

Was pleasantly surprise when a merengue & another salsa song came on the air again. Joseph played a bachata number too.
That's a big surprise. Merengue I understand, but, bachata woh?!?!? Nevertheless, its fun to hear the oh so familiar bachata song.

Party ended at around 11.30pm and me went off thinking: unable to go to SH or LH, but still can salsa, some more merengue & bachata

Had a snack/drink session at Old Town Kopitiam where we chat about dancing and stuffs.

Wonder when are they going to organize the Dinner and Dance again. Hope it won't be too long a wait.

No comments: