Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mission(s) Accomplished

A quiet night it was in Salsa Havana last Saturday.

Was contemplating earlier that day whether to go to SH or not, but I didn't regret making the decision to get my fix of salsa(mission # 1).

Salsa-ed to 5 songs(above my expectation) in a row, since there wasn't that many a salsera in the club for the guys to dance with.

It was almost 11ish when a few more salsero/as started to appear.

Then, I noticed a certain salsero mambo-ing away to Martin(Reyes)'s selection of moderate salsa music. I absolutely love the way he dance with another salsera too. Not a lot of fancy moves, but mostly mambos, then a brief viejo, a turn(or two) for the lady and mambos again.
I kept watching him almost the whole night, hoping to have a dance with him too.

Suddenly, there was a malay(Indonesian) salsa song being played. Interesting lyrics, with a lot of sakit hati(malay for heart aches) in the lyrics. Why is the heart aching during salsa
?? Beats me. But its a nice song to dance/listen to.

Walked straight up to Martin and asked(mission # 2) him what's the name of the song, and he showed me the CD cover
(can only see the Title of the album, can't find the name of the songs on it lah... ish ish). Was told that he got the CD from a friend of his(from Indonesia I guess) and I won't be able to find it in KL.

Before leaving the club, I finally braved myself to ask(mission # 3) the salsero(mentioned earlier) for a dance as I again noticed that he's dancing alone to a nice number. Its mambos, viejo(yeah, I did the 'old man walking' too) and mambos again, but I like it.

Me =
during the whole dance and on the way home too .

** 2 days only to accomplish another mission(owe someone something lar )

No comments: