Saturday, July 07, 2007

Reached Little Havana at 11ish yester-night. The floor wasn't that packed, but I still prefer to walk over to the DJ console area when the music stopped and everyone is not dancing(yet).

Was sitting the whole night(2 hours ++ me think) in front of the speaker enjoying the extreme bachata and salsa songs more than dancing to it.

Another extreme bachata came on air and I asked CE, how come got extreme bachatas, but no extreme merengue/s
? And we just laugh away.

Had a few(too few lar-countable) dances, most importantly to Yamulemau
. Vamanos Pa Senegal and La Cumbita(here to listen to cover version of it) are another 2 songs that I wanted and did danced to that night.

After La Cumbita finished, I asked DJLee what was the title and artist's name of the song(at that time I don't know mar) and he told me its LC. Then(~ 5 minutes later), I realised, errr... I did ask him about this familiar song long time ago when he first intro it in LH. Short Term Memory Loss kicking in again!! Ishhh!!

Found myself not following the lead properly when I danced yesterday. So, just wanna apologize to all my dear salseros whom I danced with if I didn't followed your lead yeah.

Blame it on the hot weather, the oh so syiok salsa/bachata songs(me think me syiok sendiri at that time), overhaul of dancing lessons, etc etc.. Excuses, excuses, I know
. Shall try very hard to avoid all this from happening again. I promised.

Update for Friday Salsa @ Little Havana in July(courtesy of DJLee):

Salsa Nights are ON for every Friday in July at Little Havana! Mark your calendars for 6/7, 13/7, 20/7 and 27/7.


3 comments:

Dizzyjules said...

hey yinmay,

dj lee played jambulemau last Sat(duhhh...did i spell it right???) one of your faves!! but i didn't dance too well to that song...perhaps bcoz we talked too much abt the title in the HE forum muahahahaaaa :p

yin may said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yin may said...

:p

The correct spelling is Yamulemau.

DJLee likes to call it Jambulemau (guava with good manners) though ;)