Sunday, January 06, 2008

A Shoeless(and FUN) Salsa Nite

The 1st post for 2008 & I believe this shall be a pretty good start for my favorite fix, that is Salsa:

In the rush of thing on a Friday morning, I ter-packed
my 2 years old latin shoes for my Salsa fix at LH.

Only realised about the wrong shoes
when I was on the way from gym to Little Havana.

I can't even stand properly with this old pair of shoes on, not to mention walking & dancing. Tried the first dance with them with a not-so disastrous result , but still felt like falling down whenever I did a turn
.

So, for the second & the rest of the dances(be it salsa or bachata) that night, I've decided to just salsa kaki ayam(not totally barefooted, but DEFINITELY shoeless) style.

Can't remember how many dances I had , but I realized I had more fun dancing(me can still do double spin leh ) on me bare feet than with my shoes on.

Could it be that I'm used to practicing in a shoeless manner at home ? Deep required here.

Well, definitely can't do this too often or else I might not get enough salsa fixes, due to some gentlemen just won't ask a barefooted salsera to dance.

Wonder if these gentlemen would reject a barefooted salsera's request for a dance if she(me lar) ask nicely ?

On a different & healthier note: Little Havana(upstairs) is smoke-free on all Salsa Nites starting from the (most)memorable Friday night of 04 Jan 2008.

**Smoke at your own risk - a pail of water shall be waiting for you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you have gym shoes. Just use powder and you will be all set. But leads shouldn't reject dancing with you if you requested it.

Hopefully you'll read this and respond. I need to get my salsa fix this second week of Jan 2008. Wondering if you have any recommendations for the weekdays since I will not be here by the weekends.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
yin may said...

Hao Jan: *_* unfortunately, I didn't bring my gym shoe along that night. But I still had fun with the shoe-less state(more balance for me) >_<

Anyways, am sorry to say that the only available option for weekday salsa is either Salsa Havana or Qba(except Monday), but you gotta bring your own crowd to these clubs.

If you can make it on Friday, I'll recommend Little Havana for your weekday/pre weekend fix.

Respond to this comment or we can chat at the chatbox on my blog if you need more details. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.